Oklahoma City Attorneys Seek Compensation for Injury Linked to Proton Pump Inhibitors
Fighting for victims of dangerous drugs in Oklahoma
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a class of drugs designed to control heartburn and acid reflux disease. While these drugs — which go by the brand names Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid, Protonix, Aciphex, Dexilent, and Kapidex — are very popular, new research has linked them to several dangerous and potentially fatal illnesses. If you believe a PPI drug caused a debilitating illness from which you are suffering, Cunningham & Mears, injury attorneys in Oklahoma City, are ready to help you get the full compensation you deserve. We have served Oklahomans for more than 30 years in personal injury actions, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for victims of dangerous drugs. We have the experience, skill and determination to obtain the maximum compensation possible in your dangerous drug lawsuit.
Wide range of injuries linked to PPI drugs
A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in February 2016 cited a 20- to 50-percent increase in the risk of chronic kidney disease among patients who took PPI medications. PPI drugs such as omeprazole, esomeprazole, dexlansoprazole, rabeprazole, and pantoprazole have been linked to a number of illnesses, syndromes and symptoms, including:
- Fluid retention and fluid in the lungs
- High blood pressure, heart failure and abnormal heart rhythm
- Stomach ailments, such as pain, nausea and diarrhea
- Liver toxicity
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Itching and erythema multiforme (severe skin rash)
- Dizziness, headaches, joint aches, muscle pain
- Low magnesium levels causing muscle spasms, seizures, arrhythmia
- Hematologic laboratory abnormalities
- Birth defects
- Speech disorders
If you currently take a PPI medication or have used one in the past and you have developed any of these symptoms or conditions, you may be eligible for monetary compensation.
The case against PPI manufacturers
Drug companies have aggressively marketed prescription PPI meds directly to patients for a number of years. The case against these companies is based on several elements:
- Companies produced a dangerous, defective product.
- Companies did not adequately warn patients about the risks.
- Companies improperly or illegally marketed the medication.
- Companies knew the dangers of the medication and sold the drug anyway.
Proving an injury case against a huge pharmaceutical company takes experience, knowledge and resources. You can trust our law firm, which has an excellent record of success in dangerous drug litigation.
Contact our dangerous drug lawyers in Oklahoma City for your PPI liability case
If a proton pump inhibitor caused you injury or illness, you deserve compensation. To learn how Cunningham & Mears can manage your personal injury claim, call 405-757-1766 today or contact our Oklahoma City office online to schedule a free consultation. We charge no fees until we win for you.