Marcus P. Mears
Marcus P. Mears is a founding partner of Cunningham & Mears. Mr. Mears is committed to helping Oklahoma’s injured victims in the areas of injury law and insurance litigation. Mr. Mears was selected to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for his work as lead counsel in multiple seven figure injury cases. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States with membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members.
While in law school at the University of Oklahoma College of Law, Marcus Mears was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award and a member of the 1996 National Trial Team, the Luther Bohannon American Inn of Court and both the Civil and Criminal Defense Clinics. Mr. Mears tried his first jury trial as a second-year law student and since that date he has maintained an active litigation practice in State and Federal Courts throughout Oklahoma.
Mr. Mears was born and raised in Oklahoma. When he’s not in the office, you might find him on his farm in Meeker, Oklahoma or spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and daughters Reese and Natalie.
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 2015
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Luther Bohannan American Inn of Court