Oklahoma Personal Injury Law Firm
Personal injury attorneys in Oklahoma City with the knowledge and skill to help you get results
Traffic accidents in Oklahoma City happen on I-35 and many other federal and state roads. There is constant construction throughout the region. Workers in agriculture, energy, and other industry sectors can have their lives changed in an instant if machines and tools are defective. Visitors to local tourist spots such as the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, or other great attractions can suffer head trauma and other injuries if they slip and fall.
If you were involved in a serious accident caused by the negligence of someone else, you are likely facing expensive medical bills, property damage, lost wages, lost future earning capacity, and pain and suffering. You do have the right to file claims against any people or businesses that failed their duty to prioritize your safety
At Cunningham & Mears, our injury attorneys understand how an accident can affect your life now and for many years to come. We strive to help you obtain maximum compensation for the harm done to you, so you do not have to struggle on alone. We work with investigators, product safety experts, financial professionals, your physicians, and our own network of healthcare providers to prove liability and your damages. Our lawyers are respected throughout Oklahoma City for our dedication to our clients, our persuasive abilities, and our strong record of success.
How can we help?
- What types of personal injury cases do you handle?
- What types of injuries do Oklahoma City accident victims suffer?
- What are the key elements of a personal injury claim in Oklahoma City?
- What is the value of a personal injury case in Oklahoma City?
- How do your Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers fight for me?
- What is the statute of limitation for filing a personal injury claim in Oklahoma?
- Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
What types of personal injury cases do you handle?
Our highly qualified lawyers put 105 years of combined legal expertise to work representing clients in a broad range of personal injury matters:
- Car accidents. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car wreck, we can help recover compensation for you.
- Trucking accidents. Truck accidents can be devastating, and pursuing compensation can be complicated. We have the experience to win on your behalf.
- Motorcycle accidents. With little protection from other vehicles on the highway, motorcyclists are vulnerable to serious injuries when they are involved in a traffic crash. We hold negligent motorists responsible when they cause a crash that harms you.
- Pedestrian injuries. Getting hit by a car as a pedestrian can be a frightening experience. We fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers. Getting behind the wheel after having too much to drink is reckless behavior. If a drunk driver causes an accident that injures you, we hold them accountable for your losses.
- Premises liability accidents. If you suffer a serious injury on someone else’s property because of their negligence, they may be held responsible for your damages.
- Slip and fall accidents. A slip and fall can cause serious injuries. If the injury happened because of negligence on the part of the property owner, you may be able to take legal action against them.
- Construction accidents. The construction industry is one of the most dangerous in the nation. After a construction accident, you may have a cause of action aside from workers’ compensation.
- Defective product accidents. Manufacturers owe a duty of care to consumers to develop products that are safe and effective. When a defective product injures you, we make the manufacturers pay,
- Oil field accidents. Workplaces in the oil and gas extraction industry are fraught with hazards. Employers who fail to keep their employees safe may face OSHA fines and other legal consequences.
- Wrongful death accidents. When drivers, property owners, construction site and oilfield owners, and manufacturers fail to protect your loved one, we file wrongful death claims to hold those responsible liable for your losses.
What types of injuries do Oklahoma City accident victims suffer?
No matter what the extent and nature of your injuries, we strive to maximize your recovery by thoroughly analyzing your case, listening to your concerns, and preparing for litigation early on to build a stronger case when negotiating with insurers or in court. Our lawyers have experience seeking compensation for all types of injuries:
We are Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys you can trust. If we are unable to help you with your claim, we can refer you to an attorney who can.
The goal of our state’s injury laws is to provide an option for individuals who have been injured because of another person’s negligence to be compensated for their injuries and losses.
What are the key elements of a personal injury claim in Oklahoma City?
Whether an individual was injured in a car or truck accident, a pedestrian struck by a car, or a worker injured using defective equipment, the basic requirements for a personal injury claim are that the plaintiff (the injured person) must be able to:
- Prove the defendants owed the victim a duty of care. For example, drivers owe a duty to drive safely and follow the traffic laws so traffic accidents do not happen.
- Prove how the defendant’s actions (or failure to act) caused their injuries. For example, that a driver was distracted.
- Show that the breach of duty caused your injuries or the death of a loved one. For example, that you injured your back when you fell on a slippery floor.
- Demonstrate what damages, such as medical bills and pain and suffering, you have experienced due to your injuries.
To take advantage of the rights and protections afforded to you by law, you need the services of a skilled Oklahoma personal injury attorney from Cunningham & Mears. We know that you are scared, but we take on the task of dealing with the insurance companies, and taking your case to court if that is required. We shoulder the legal burden while you focus on getting better and getting back to your life.
What is the value of a personal injury case in Oklahoma City?
If you were injured in an accident caused by the negligence, recklessness, or wrongful acts of someone else, you may be entitled to significant compensation for the harm you experience, including:
- Medical costs – current and future
- Rehabilitation costs – current and future
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of bodily function
If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, see our page on wrongful death to learn more about the compensation you may be entitled to recover.
How do your Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers fight for me?
Our lawyers fight for clients in many ways. We start by discussing how the accident occurred and who has knowledge of the accident. We’ll answer all your questions and guide you through each phase of the litigation. Our lawyers will explain that we will speak with the insurance companies for you when we have thoroughly investigated the accident, reviewed your medical diagnosis and prognosis, and discussed with you how your injuries are making your life difficult. We sometimes make arrangements with your doctors to delay payment until your case is resolved.
We work thoroughly to show how the accident happened and why the defendants are responsible. Often, we file claims against more than one defendant. We understand how to properly value your case.
When the discovery phase of your case is complete, we submit demand letters to the insurance companies with the defendants. Many personal injury cases do settle. If the insurance companies make unreasonable offers, our lawyers argue your rights before a jury. Our lawyers fully understand the jury selection process and how to present your case before a jury. We also anticipate the arguments that defense lawyers usually assert. Our lawyers have obtained numerous settlements and verdicts for high-figure amounts.
What is the statute of limitation for filing a personal injury claim in Oklahoma?
Victims normally have two years to file a personal injury claim. That’s the outside limit. The best course of action is to contact our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. We need to quickly investigate the accident site, speak to witnesses, and begin the formal discovery process.
The sooner we speak with you, the sooner we can prepare your case for settlement negotiations or a jury trial. When you call us, we’ll also begin to speak with your doctors about your medical condition and treatment.
Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
Cunningham & Mears has two offices located in Oklahoma City. Our first is located at 228 Robert S. Kerr Ave, #200, Oklahoma City, located right by the County Courthouse, steps from City Hall and a short walk to the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. Our second is located at 9428 Westgate, Suite 102B, in the Brookhaven West part of Oklahoma City, just a short walk from Resurrection Cemetery and off the Northwest Expressway.
There’s plenty of public transit and parking nearby. If you are too sick or you are immobile, we will meet you at your home or in the hospital.
Call a compassionate personal injury attorney in Oklahoma today
As selected members of the Top 100 Lawyers of The American Trial Lawyers Association and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, we have the skill to help you maximize your recovery as well as the successful results to prove it. To learn more about your personal injury claim and options for recovery, please contact Cunningham & Mears or call 405-451-5088 today to schedule a free initial consultation. We charge no fees until we win for you.
Related Personal Injury Articles