Yukon Personal Injury Lawyers, OK
A record of numerous strong settlements and jury verdicts for accident victims in OK
You don’t need to be a famous Yukon resident like Garth Brooks to file a personal injury claim after an accident. Anyone who lives, works, or visits Yukon, Oklahoma and who is injured as a result of negligence has the right to file a personal injury claim. Drivers, property owners, manufacturers, and other individuals and businesses who cause injuries or death can be ordered to pay damages for your personal and financial damages.
At Cunningham & Mears, our Yukon personal injury lawyers only represent injury victims. Our record of success includes many settlements and verdicts for over one million dollars and many others for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some of these results include:
- More than $3 million for a young girl whose body was almost completely burned due to a defective gasoline can and an improperly installed hot water tank. When gasoline leaked from the can near the hot water tank, the gas ignited, severely injuring the little girl. She had to undergo more than 30 surgeries. We filed a product liability claim and reached a confidential settlement for more than $3 million for the girl.
- Millions of dollars for hundreds of Oklahomans who were severely injured (including heart damage) due to the diet drug Fen-Phen.
- $1.16 million for a grandmother whose legs and pelvis were broken when a tractor-trailer struck her vehicle.
We’re ready now to help you with your personal injury claim.
How can we help?
- What types of accident claims do your Yukon personal injury lawyers handle?
- Do you handle all types of serious injuries?
- How do you prove the defendants are liable for my personal injuries?
- What is the value of my Yukon personal injury claim?
- How soon should I file my Yukon personal injury claim?
- Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
What types of accident claims do your Yukon personal injury lawyers handle?
Each of the personal injury lawyers at Cunningham & Mears has the experience, skills, and resources to aggressively fight for accident victims. Our lawyers are ready to handle the following types of personal injury claims:
Injuries from vehicle accidents
Cunningham & Mears handles all types of vehicle accidents including:
- Car accidents. Our lawyers represent injured drivers, passengers, bicycle riders, and pedestrians. We also represent families when a car accident kills a loved one.
- Trucking accidents. Our attorneys work to show why a driver was negligent and why the trucking companies that employed or used the driver should also be held accountable for your financial and personal damages.
- Motorcycle accidents. Sadly, many motorcycle accidents cause catastrophic injuries and deaths. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers represent motorcycle riders and the families of any motorcycle rider who dies due to the fault of others.
- Pedestrian injuries. Drivers need to be on the lookout for walkers – especially in residential areas and at intersections. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers are skilled at holding drivers who harm or kill a pedestrian accountable for all the damages they cause. We handle catastrophic injuries. We file wrongful death claims if a loved one died in a pedestrian accident.
- Bicycle accidents. Drivers need to respect the rights of bicycle riders to cross at intersections and use Yukon roads. Our personal injury lawyers file claims against drivers and others who cause bicycle riders to be injured or die.
Our Yukon personal injury lawyers move quickly once we begin to handle your case. We send investigators to the accident site who also examine the damaged vehicles. We speak with all relevant witnesses. Our team questions the defendants in formal discovery sessions. We talk with the police who investigated your accident. When necessary, we work with traffic reconstruction experts and product safety experts.
Injuries from dangerous products and properties
All businesses and organizations that own property (for-profit and non-profit) need to comply with local building code laws and safety protocols. The makers of products need to ensure the products are safe. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers represent clients who are injured in the following types of accidents:
- Premises liability accidents. The owners of restaurants, hotels, retail stores, and all other businesses owe a duty to their customers and the people who have a right to be on the property to make sure the property is safe so that the customers/visitors don’t slip and fall, suffer attacks, or experience other injuries. Owners need to inspect their property routinely and make immediate repairs.
- Slip-and-fall accidents. Most slip-and-fall accidents are preventable. The owners should clean slippery surfaces, remove debris and objects on the floor, repair torn carpets, and take other safety precautions.
- Construction accidents. Construction site owners need to understand how dangerous their work is to contractors, drivers, and pedestrians. The owners need to follow industry standards and building code requirements, and use all safety precautions to prevent vehicle accidents, slips and falls, being struck by equipment, and other accidents.
- Defective products. Manufacturers have a duty to ensure the safety of their products. Manufacturers can be held liable if their products are defective to poor design, workmanship, or a lack of proper warnings if the defect caused the accident. The distributors and sellers of defective products may also be liable.
- Oil field accidents. Workers who work in oil and gas extraction work can be injured in fires, explosions, equipment accidents, and other oil field accidents. We hold the owners and other responsible parties accountable when they fail to comply with federal and state guidelines, and industry standards.
Fatal accidents and injuries
Wrongful death claims are the hardest cases we handle. No sum of money can compensate you for the loss of your child, spouse, or parent. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers understand the unique challenges of proving liability when your loved one is deceased and how a value is placed on the life and death of your loved one.
Do you handle all types of serious injuries?
Yes. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers represent victims who have any type of serious injury including:
We are skilled at showing how the cost of medical care to treat these injuries and the unique challenges and complications involved for every type of injury. At Cunningham and Mears, we work with your physicians and our network of doctors to confirm your injuries and explain to adjusters and juries every way your life is more difficult – physically, mentally, and financially – due to your injuries. We work with a broad range of specialists including orthopedists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, pain management doctors, psychologists, and many other doctors.
How do you prove the defendants are liable for my personal injuries?
At Cunningham & Mears, we understand that your personal injury lawsuit is your one chance to hold the responsible parties accountable, restore your health, and reclaim your life. We are skilled at every phase of personal litigation, including investigating how your accident happened, questioning everyone involved, speaking with your doctors, preparing formal demand letters, negotiating with insurance companies, and trying your case before a judge and jury.
Our Yukon personal injury lawyers work to:
- Identify which individuals and companies should be held accountable. In many Yukon personal injury cases, more than one defendant may be liable.
- Show that a driver, property owner, manufacturer, or other defendant owed you a duty of care – and breached that duty of care. Examples of breaches of duty of care include speeding, driving while distracted, failing to conduct routine inspections, failing to comply with business codes, and making defective products.
- Show how the breach of the duty of care caused your injuries or the death of a loved one. Examples include working with your doctors to show that a car accident caused your brain trauma or that the failure to warn drivers and pedestrians of construction work caused the accident that, in turn, caused your spinal cord injuries, burns, or broken bones.
- Identify all your economic and personal damages. We work with your doctors to itemize all your medical bills and review your work history to show how much money you are not earning because of your injuries. We work to show all the medical complications that may arise and how much your injuries are affecting every day of your life.
We’ve earned many strong settlements and verdicts because we focus on every detail, understand Oklahoma personal injury laws, and persuasively assert your right to compensation.
What is the value of my Yukon personal injury claim?
Our lawyers are skilled at showing how much medical care you need, how difficult and painful your injuries are, and how much your injuries are impacting your ability to work, function, and enjoy life. We seek compensation for all your current and future:
- Medical costs, including emergency room care, hospitalizations and surgeries, doctor visits, rehabilitation, medications, and assistive devices
- Lost income and benefits, including compensation if you have a permanent disability
- Your pain and suffering, including every ache and every worry
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
- Loss of bodily function
- Loss of consortium
If the defendant’s actions are inexcusable, such as driving while drunk, we may seek punitive damages.
At Cunningham & Mears, our personal injury lawyers also file wrongful death claims on behalf of family members when a loved one dies due to the fault of others. Wrongful death damages include funeral and burial costs, financial damages, and the loss of guidance and personal support.
How soon should I file my Yukon personal injury claim?
Personal injury victims have two years to file a personal injury claim. You should never wait that long. You should contact us as soon as possible so our investigators can investigate the accident site, we can formally question the defendants and any witnesses, and we can speak with your doctors. Our Yukon personal injury attorneys are ready to help you today.
Do you have a Yukon personal injury lawyer near me?
Cunningham & Mears is happy to discuss your rights after an accident at either of our Oklahoma City locations:
- 5104 N Francis Ave., Suite 102. This office is near Penn Square Mall with plenty of places to park close by.
- 9428 Westgate, Suite 102B. This office is in the Brookhaven West part of Oklahoma City. We’re off of the Northwest Expressway.
Our Yukon personal injury lawyers also meet clients who are too sick or immobile at your homes or a healthcare facility. We can also arrange for a phone or video consultation.
We understand your anxiety. Our trial lawyers will guide you through the claims process. Most cases do settle. If a trial is necessary, we’ll prepare you so you’re confident and ready to present your best case.
Call our Yukon personal injury lawyers today
Our personal injury lawyers have received praise from former clients and the legal community for our representation of accident victims in the Oklahoma City region. To discuss who is responsible for your injuries and how we fight for the compensation you deserve, please fill out our contact form or Cunningham & Mears today to schedule a free initial consultation. Our Yukon personal injury lawyers receive no fee unless you receive compensation.