Piedmont Personal Injury Lawyers, OK
Strong advocacy by respected trial lawyers for accident victims and their families
Piedmont is home to many farmers and to people who work in nearby Oklahoma City or in the state’s many oilfields. There’s a lot of joy in living in Piedmont, but that joy can quickly turn to sorrow when a driver is careless, a customer slips and falls while shopping, a construction company fails to warn drivers of detours, or other types of accidents happen. Accidents can change your life forever. Many victims need surgeries, hospital care, and physical therapy. Most victims worry about how they will pay their bills. Many personal injury victims live with constant pain.
At Cunningham & Mears, our Piedmont personal injury lawyers have more than 105 years of combined experience. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to show how your accident happened, and hold the responsible parties liable for your damages. We thoroughly detail all your medical bills, lost income, and property damage. We also show how your injuries are causing you unbearable pain and anxiety.
Our lawyers have obtained many settlements and verdicts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and some results for more than one million dollars. Some of our results include:
- $3+ million for a young girl who suffered substantial burn injuries over 95% of her body.
- $1.3 million for a motorcycle rider hit by a car.
- $950,000 for a dump truck driver who suffered a broken back and pelvis on a construction site.
Call us now to talk with our respected Piedmont personal injury lawyers. We’ll fight to restore your life.
How can we help?
- Can you help with a vehicle accident case?
- Help when Piedmont businesses fail to protect individuals from injury or harm
- What kinds of injury claims do you handle?
- What’s involved in proving a personal injury case in Piedmont?
- What’s the value of my Piedmont personal injury case?
- What is the statute of limitation for filing a personal injury claim in Piedmont?
- Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
Can you help with a vehicle accident case?
At Cunningham & Mears, we handle accidents involving all types of vehicles. We’re ready from day one to investigate the accident, speak with witnesses, review police reports, and take all necessary steps to show why the defendants are liable, and how much your claim is worth. Common Piedmont vehicle accident claims we handle include:
- Car accidents. Our lawyers represent drivers and passengers when another driver speeds, drives while distracted, drives while drunk, or fails to protect car occupants from serious injuries or death.
- Trucking accidents. Our Piedmont personal injury lawyers file claims against negligent drivers and irresponsible truck companies who fail to inspect their trucks and monitor their drivers. We demand compensation for all your financial and personal damages.
- Motorcycle accidents. These vehicle accidents are often deadly. Survivors often live with permanent injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and broken bones. Our Piedmont personal injury lawyers are skilled at showing a car or truck driver failed to see or respect the right of the motorcycle operator to drive on the road or caused the accident in other ways.
- Pedestrian injuries. Pedestrians are no match for the bulk and speed of a car. Many walkers die when Piedmont car accidents occur. Survivors may never fully recover. We file personal injury claims and wrongful death claims to hold negligent drivers and others accountable.
- Bicycle accidents. Our Piedmont personal injury attorneys represent bicycle riders who are struck while crossing intersections or using the roadways.
We also represent people who have been injured in crashes and collisions involving public transit, Uber or Lyft, ATVs, and other types of motor vehicles.
Help when Piedmont businesses fail to protect individuals from injury or harm
At Cunningham & Mears, our Piedmont personal injury lawyers file claims on behalf of individuals and families when property owners, manufacturers, construction companies, and other businesses place company profit ahead of ensuring the safety of the people who use their property or products.
We handle the following types of business accident claims:
- Premises liability accidents. We file claims against property owners who cause injuries to customers, clients, and anyone with a legal right to be on the property. (redundant) Negligence includes failing to inspect the property for possible dangers, respond to complaints, make repairs, and warn users of the property. Premises liability cases include slips and falls, negligent security, elevator and escalator accidents, and other types of accidents.
- Construction accidents. There’s a lot of roadway, building, and landscaping construction throughout Piedmont. We work to hold construction owners, contractors, engineers, and others liable when they fail to follow local building codes and construction industry standards. We represent injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and workers. We also represent families when construction negligence causes fatalities.
- Product liability claims. Consumers and workers have the right to expect that the products they buy and use will work safely. We work to hold manufacturers liable when their products are defective, when warranties are breached, and when a manufacturer’s negligence causes harm. We handle claims involving defective medical products, car parts, children’s products, and other types of home and employment products.
- Oil field accidents. Oklahoma is a national leader in oil and gas extraction and production. The owners of the oil fields need to ensure they protect their workers by complying with any federal or state guidelines, and oil field industry standards. Negligence can cause fires, explosions, and other serious accidents. Our Piedmont personal injury lawyers are skilled at representing oil field accident victims and families.
What kinds of injury claims do you handle?
At Cunningham & Mears, our personal injury lawyers have the skills, experience, resources, and tenacity to handle a broad range of personal injury cases. We have the experience and medical network to identify your injuries, explain the medical care you’ll need, verify the cost of the medical care, and show how devastating and life-changing your injuries are. We handle catastrophic injuries, permanent injuries, and serious injuries including:
· Tissue, nerve, muscle, and ligament damage
You can expect that our Piedmont personal injury lawyers will demand payment for all your medical bills, your pain and suffering, loss of bodily function, and other medical damages. We also demand compensation for your financial damages and other personal damages.
Compassionate care after a fatal accident
We respect your need to mourn and honor a family member or loved one who is killed due to the negligence of others. We understand the unique challenges in proving liability when your loved one is deceased. The Piedmont wrongful death attorneys of Cunningham & Mears demand compensation for the funeral and burial costs, the loss of financial support, the deep and personal grief and suffering of each family member, and the loss of guidance and support the decedent would have provided.
What’s involved in proving a personal injury case in Piedmont?
At Cunningham & Mears, we understand the core requirements for proving a defendant is liable for your injuries. We have a strong track record of success settling cases and obtaining jury verdicts.
The key requirements in personal injury cases are:
- Identifying the responsible defendants
- Explaining why the defendants owed you or a loved one a duty of care, such as making safe products, following the traffic laws, and regularly inspecting property for dangers
- Explaining what the defendants did wrong – why they breached their duty of care
- Showing that the accident caused your injuries or a family member’s death
- Identifying and verifying all your damages
We collect the necessary evidence, review the law, and persuasively explain why Piedmont personal injury victims deserve full compensation.
What’s the value of my Piedmont personal injury case?
At Cunningham & Mears, we represent many clients who can expect to live with a lifetime of pain. We also represent accident victims whose injuries do heal after months or years of treatment. Our Piedmont personal injury lawyers demand compensation for all the damages you already have, and the damages you are likely to have including all your:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and lost benefits
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Loss of bodily function
- Loss of life’s pleasures
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
In unconscionable cases such as drunk driving cases, we may seek punitive damages. Wrongful death claims can seek additional compensation for funeral and burial expenses.
What is the statute of limitation for filing a personal injury claim in Piedmont?
Victims and families of deceased victims generally have two years to file a personal injury or a wrongful death claim. We recommend you speak with our Piedmont personal injury lawyers as soon as you can so we can promptly investigate how the accident happened, speak with witnesses, review the damage to vehicles and products, and talk to your physicians. Prompt action is essential.
Do you have a Piedmont personal injury lawyer near me?
Cunningham & Mears meets Piedmont personal injury victims at our Oklahoma City offices located at:
- 5104 N Francis Ave., Suite 102. This office is close to Penn Square Mall. You should easily find a place to park.
- 9428 Westgate, Suite 102B. This office is in the Brookhaven West part of Oklahoma City. The Northwest Expressway should get you to this office.
We do meet ill and immobile clients away from the office if necessary. We also consider video conferences by appointment.
Our Piedmont personal injury lawyers will answer your questions and explain your rights. We’ll fight for every dollar you deserve.
Speak with our respected Piedmont personal injury lawyers today
We understand your pain and anxiety. We’ll calmly guide you through each phase of the claims process. At Cunningham & Mears, our Piedmont personal injury lawyers understand the steps that are necessary for each type of accident claim we handle. Many of the cases we handle do settle for significant amounts. When insurance companies fail to make reasonable offers, our persuasive trial lawyers are ready to try your case in court.
To assert your rights after an accident, please contact Cunningham & Mears or call us today to schedule a free initial consultation. We charge no fee unless there is a result in your favor.