Oklahoma City Product Liability Lawyer
Helping you recover compensation after defective product accidents
Most of us believe that we should be safe within our homes, but this is often not the case. Dangerous and defective products cause accidents in the home, at work, while driving and in many other places all the time. At the law firm of Cunningham & Mears, our product liability attorneys are committed to helping you recover fair compensation when you suffer an unexpected injury caused by dangerous or defective products.
Dangerous and defective product liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe and fit for ordinary and intended use before releasing them for consumer use. A product is considered defective if a manufacturer has not met this duty and the manufacturer may be held strictly liable for any injuries the defective product causes. Types of defects include design defects, manufacturing defects and failure to warn:
- Design defects: All products manufactured according to the same defective design specifications pose a danger to consumers.
- Manufacturing defect: Something occurring during the manufacturing process makes the product defective. These types of defects can be caused by bad materials, poor inspection or worker error.
- Failure to warn: Products must display clear and complete warnings of any reasonably foreseeable hazards, as well as proper labels and instructions. Warnings must disclose all known risks associated with the product, even if the product is generally safe.
Manufacturers may also be held liable for your injuries caused by any packaging defects, as well as incomplete, unclear or dangerous instructions.
Representing victims injured by defective products
Our defective product lawyers have successfully represented clients injured by a broad range of defective products, from defective hot water heaters to defective gas cans and even a defective industrial meat hogger. We represent people injured because of almost any type of dangerous and defective product:
- Automobiles and car parts
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Household appliances
- Toys and childcare products
- Gas cans
- Industrial products
- Industrial machinery
- Toxic food products
Contact a qualified defective product attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
At Cunningham & Mears, we believe that all products should be safe for consumer use. If you were injured because of a dangerous or defective product, our Oklahoma attorneys have the experience and skill to obtain compensation for you. To learn more about our experience and services, contact us online or call 405-757-1766 today to schedule a free initial consultation.